As you know, budgets are entered in iScala monthly. Probably it will be changed in the new version, and now, when this material is written, you can not enter them on a daily basis. However, this does not prevent us to consider the various ways in which this limitation can be overcome. «If you can not, but really want, you can!». I should add that it will be about the additional reporting tools, and not about the standard iScala General Ledger reports.
First, the easiest way — is to divide the amount of the monthly budget by the number of days in a month. It is suitable for those whose business is not dependent on the day of the week or holidays.
The second — a little more complex way, using the coefficients of the monthly budget for each day of the month. Such method is suitable, for example, in case where the revenue on weekends and holidays is greater than on weekdays, for example on holidays — in 2 times, and on weekends is 1.5 times more than ordinary days. There may be several coefficients, for example, one coefficient for revenue accounts, the other — for the cost of goods sold accounts, the third for the salaries, the fourth — for the other costs, etc. To enter these coefficients we should add one or more statistical accounts into iScala chart of accounts, then import the transactions for each day in which the above coefficient is specified instead of the sum. A bit like a trip from St. Petersburg to Moscow via Helsinki, but allows you to use iScala functionality without any «external» tools 🙂
The third method — the use of «external table».
By the way, did you know that AFR can read data from an external table?
This method will not discuss in detail because of its «non-standard», but you can read separate article «Usage of external tables with primary data. How to design Daily Budget Report».
Fourth — the most creative, but provides enormous opportunities. The idea of using this method is to create a separate «Budget» iScala company. Chart of Accounts is copied from the work company (or it is a compilation of the chart of accounts of several companies), type of account is replaced to the statistical to not balance transactions. I suggest change the structure of accounting dimensions of this «Budget» iScala Company, adding new dimensions «Company Code» and «Budget number». Then transactions containing Account Number, budget amount, Company Code (to which you want to compare the budget) and Budget number are imported to the general ledger of «Budget» iScala Company. Thus it is possible to create more than 5 budget alternatives (like in iScala), but as much as necessary. As you know, AFR can build reports on several companies in one report. Accordingly, this functionality can be used in our case.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Other procedures and articles in English:
- Что должно быть настроено в системе, чтобы при печати счетов-фактур в модуле «Заказы на Продажу» создавались XML файлы? / What should be configured in the system if we want XML files to be created when printing invoices in the Sales Orders module?
- Структура таблиц / Table structure Epicor iScala 3.4 (x64) — 3.4.0399
- Scala/iScala и электронная отчётность в России | Scala/iScala and e-reporting in Russia
- Добавлено описание структуры таблиц БД iScala 3.3 / A description of iScala 3.3 DB tables structure has been added
- Структура таблиц / Table structure Epicor iScala 3.3 (x64) — 3.3.0419
- Looking for the perfect ERP system. iScala’s strengths and weaknesses
- About different approaches to implementing iScala one more time
- Структура таблиц / Table structure Epicor iScala 3.2 (x64) — 3.2.0317
- AFR: Как сделать расчёт значения в столбце зависимым от номера строки? :: AFR: How can I calculate the value in a column dependent on the line number?
- Query execution failed for dataset ‘DataSet0’
- Структура таблиц / Table structure Epicor iScala 3.1 — 3.1.0511
- SQL Server: OLE Automation Procedures
- Знаете ли Вы, что? Новая фишка в последней версии AFR: перенумерация строк :: Do you know that? The new feature in the latest version of AFR: renumbering rows
- Multi Level Approvals for Requisitions: How it works?
- MSRS channel — what to use instead in case of very old version of Scala/iScala?
- How to add a document template for MSRS Output Channel
- Заявление / Memorandum
- Deploy existing AFR reports on another server
- How to delimit user access on the Reporting Server?
- Standard steps when working with the «Purchase Order» module
- Изменение структуры таблиц iScala 3.1 по сравнению с iScala 3.0 FSP4 / Table structure changes between iScala 3.0 FSP4 and iScala 3.1
- История изменения структуры таблиц разных версий iScala / Tables structure changes history from iScala 2.2 SR2 to iScala 3.0 FSP4
- Процесс создания отчёта фиксированной формы с помощью Epicor AFR :: The process of creating a fixed-form report using Epicor AFR
- The most common mistake when working with AFR reports
- Структура таблиц / Table structure Epicor iScala 3.0 FSP4 — 3.0.4267
- AFR: что это такое, из чего состоит, с чем взаимодействует? :: AFR: what is it, what does it consist of, what it interacts with?
- Usage of external tables with primary data. How to design Daily Budget Report.
- How can I create an AFR report in 2 currencies using fixed rate?
- How to create AFR report with daily budgets from iScala?
- Типы проводок Главной Книги :: General Ledger Transaction Types
- Reporting tools usage survey
- Sent PO electronically to Supplier’s FTP site
- Requisition Management module quick user guide
- What can you get from your iScala by using new technologies?